Friday, July 23, 2010

Pet Peeves

Everyone has pet peeves. What one person can overlook can drive another person completely insane! What another person finds offensive or disrespectful, another can easily offer grace and mercy.

I'm not sure if our pet peeves stem from bad experiences or merely our God-given personalities but they are there constantly challenging us.

Here are a few of my pet peeves:

~ Hearing other people swallow. I don't know why, but it bothers me beyond measure!

~ Hearing other people chew with their mouths open when eating or chewing gum. Gross.

~ Wrinkled up paper. I like my papers to be crease-free and neat.

~ People who cut in line in front of me (in a car) and then wave "thank you". Uh, hello! I didn't have a choice!!!

~ People who don't RSVP to invites....especially family.

~ Girl cliques.

~ Anything wrong with my food...dirty glasses in a restaurant, bugs, discolored lettuce, stinky cheese, hair.....I get grossed out very easily.

~ Sticky price tags that don't come off easily and that leave that sticky gunk on there and won't come off no matter what.

What are some of your pet peeves?

1 comment:

ROOT226 said...

I have SOOOOOO many, here are a few:

-people who lick their fingers when they're eating. ICK, ACK, BLECHK!!!

-when someone eats over a communal bowl (i.e. bowl of salsa, queso) so that they dont spill on the table and/or self. LIKE EATING OVER THE BOWL IS BETTER?! ugh, DISCUSTING.

-watching someone talk with their mouth full.

-Parents who load up their child(ren's) plate with food at buffets, gatherings, etc. KNOWING they wont eat most of it.

- children (under 12) whom are allowed in the buffet line unsupervised.

-when someone asks you a question and while you're aswering they get distracted and forget they left you hanging. HATE that!

-Pretentious people.

-Someone who feels they need to throw their credentials into conversations.

-Hypocrital people.

-When the person in the fast lane is moving slower than traffic, yet won't move over.