Monday, January 17, 2011

My Daily Journal, entry #1

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...
Today is a holiday…..it’s MLK day and I’m so thankful to have spent the morning in my favorite spot...at my desk at home, in front of an oversized, old panel window that overlooks our yard where lots of big oak trees live. I enjoyed the sunrays as they peeked through the branches and lit up my library and warmed my face...the sunrise was nothing less than spectacular. I wasn’t the only one who enjoyed the morning...the birds were singing and seemed to be rejoicing in it too! The morning was so beautiful and it was such a great way to start the day. Thank You Jesus! :o)

I AM THINKING...
What a fabulous life I am blessed to live and how full of gratitude I am that I live each day in such beautiful surroundings with so much love from family and friends.

FROM THE KITCHEN...
We haven't planned for our dinner tonight, but I am in the process of researching a low-calorie diet and the benefits of it. I am also in the process of cutting out two things from my diet...sodas and fast food restaurants (I’m gonna try to the best of my ability, anyway!) Donato and I want to improve our health and feel the best place to start is with our diet. I'm looking for tasty, low-calorie recipes if anyone has any to share!

I AM WEARING...
I spent the entire day in my comfy, flannel PJ’s! I loved it.

I AM READING...
A great book called Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. I AM LOVING IT! I began the book a few weekends ago. I’m squeezing in time to read it….it’s so hard to read because I work. But when I do get to pick it up and read, I have had to force myself to put it down in order to do what I need to do! I can hardly wait to get home to continue reading it.

I AM HOPING...
That the day ends as beautifully as it began.

I AM HEARING...
The sound of birds outside my desk window, against the sound of a very quiet house. Is there any more beautiful combination?

AROUND THE HOUSE...
We are hustling and bustling around still trying to get Chad packed up to move to UNT in Denton. I’m working on organizing all of our closets, setting up the new pantry, and all at the same time trying to plan out the grandbaby’s room and planning the baby shower! Needless to say, it’s crazy wild around here these days.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
I am excited to learn that the Dell Streak cell phone that I’ve been wishing for is on sale for $99! I can’t wait to get it next week!

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK...
Donato & Chris plan on packing up all of Chad’s things into a big Ryder truck this week and drive it up to him in his new apartment. It’s sad to see the house slowly packed up and it is starting to look empty. I will do my best to keep busy and not get too emotional about Chad going off to school. I think I’ll continue to work on organizing closets and such, and I will work on learning how to coupon-clip.

PICTURE THOUGHT...
I love this picture of Emory and me. He was slowly drifting off to la-la land and just rested against my cheek until he finally fell asleep. I know times like this won’t happen too often once he grows up….and he is growing so very fast.

No comments: